The Burnaby North Secondary School campus is the new location for the North Burnaby Adult Education Centre (NBAEC).
How to Find the NBAEC on Campus
The NBAEC Office is located off the courtyard behind the South Building of Burnaby North Secondary School (see map below). Please do not enter the main school buildings. There is no entrance to NBAEC from within the secondary school.
- Enter from Kensington Avenue via the driveway across from Dunedin Street.
- Walk through the Parking Lot and turn right at the Basketball Court.
- Turn left into the courtyard as you pass the Annex (on your left).
- The NBAEC Office entrance is near the far end of the courtyard on your right (under the awning).
Getting to the Burnaby North Campus & NBAEC
To reach campus, there are crossing signals at
- Curtis/Fell (South of campus)
- Kensington/Curtis (Southeast of campus)
- Kensington/Hammarskjold-Union (East of campus)
- Hastings/Fell (North of campus)
- Hastings/Kensington (North of campus)
There are also walking trails next to the Sports Fields at Kensington Park that provide access to the back of campus.
Campus is located on the Frances-Union Bikeway (runs East-West across Burnaby). To plan the best routes to campus, consult the Burnaby Bike Map. If you are coming long distances or if weather suddenly changes, remember that bikes are also permitted on all buses in Burnaby (space permitting). For details see Translink’s “Bikes on Transit” page.
NOTE: The NBAEC does not have a bicycle rack, but there is fencing at the end of the courtyard you can lock your bicycle to.
BNS is on or close to several major bus routes including the 95 B-Line, 134, 160. If you are taking Skytrain, it is easiest to reach campus by bus from the Lake City Station or Brentwood Station (both end points of the 134 route) or by walking from Holdom station (all uphill).
By bus, any route that travels down Hastings Street to Kensington Avenue will drop you within blocks of campus.
NBAEC students may use the South Staff Parking lot next to the South Gym (closest to Curtis Street) until dedicated parking is made available. Street parking is also available on Curtis Street or on the east side of Kensington Avenue.
Staff and students with parking privileges can use their assigned parking lots. There is NO STUDENT DROP-OFF/PICK-UP permitted in any parking lots.