On this page you will find the latest information the district has from Fraser Health regarding the recent concerns about (global) reports of novel coronavirus.
Families should also check the district website (burnabyschools.ca) for updates.
- Mar. 30, 2020–District update to families (.pdf)
- Mar. 27, 2020–District update to families (.pdf)
- Student will stay home after Spring Break. More details will come directly from the district on Mar. 30th:
- “After Spring Break, we are taking a phased approach with the immediate focus on connecting with students, gaining valuable insight from our school-based staff, and providing tools for students and families to use at home. To assist families with planning, please find the following timeline:
Next week, school staff will reach out to and connect with students and their families.
Also during the week of March 30, you will find details on our district website (www.burnabyschools.ca) about access to our newly created Continuing Learning Website. It contains self-directed activities for students at home. We will suggest the following initial explorations on the new site for students.
- Grades 8 – 12: complete the online module “Digital Citizenship Quest”. Much of the work going forward will take place through technology. This module will help build an understanding of each of our roles in a digital environment, including how to stay safe, as well as how to be a caring and productive member of any digital community. Whether students are socializing with friends, playing video games, or working on a school assignment, this is an important life skill in a technological age.
- Kindergarten – Grade 7: explore activities by grade level on the Continuing Learning Site.
- You will receive additional information with links to access our new learning website next week.”
- Essential Service Workers who require childcare should fill out the online form here by 4pm Monday March 30.
- Mar. 13, 2020
- Pre Spring Break Update to Families – March 13, 2020
- Mar. 1, 2020
- Feb. 21, 2020
- Feb. 5, 2020
- “As circumstances develop globally, the province is providing regular updates to British Columbians on the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Here is the latest:Joint Statement from the Minister of Health and Provincial Health Officer (February 4, 2020, 5:30 PM) https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020HLTH0023-000222The Burnaby School District takes direction from the Fraser Health Authority and is in regular communication with them, as well as the Ministries of Health and Education. Fraser Health advises families with health questions to contact 811. For ease of reference, you can find the latest updates and advice from the province about novel coronavirus on the District’s website: www.burnabyschools.ca.”
- Cornavirus_Update_to_Families (PDF, Jan 31, 2020)
- SchoolMemo_CoronavirusUpdate_24Jan2020 (PDF, Jan 24, 2020)
If you have any further questions about the information from Fraser Health or your family’s health, please phone 811 (HealthLinkBC, the Provincial Health Information line) for informed answers.
(School staff is incapable of answering any questions regarding public health.)
The District will continue to provide updated information from Fraser Health authority, as it becomes available.