COURSE CORRECTION REQUESTS–Fixing Errors Only
Requests are closed for 2022-2023.
Grade 9-12 students requesting a correction must complete the online form. Counsellors will contact you with changes or if they need more information. The form will open Sept. 6 and close Sept. 16.
Grade 8 students with timetable errors must go to Student Services on Tuesday, September 6th to see their counsellor.
Counsellors will be seeing ONLY grade 8 students September 6th. Corrections will be made if grade 8 students are
- missing a course, OR
- have been scheduled into the wrong grade level of a course OR
- have a duplicate course on your schedule.
It is best to go to visit early in the day (before your Block 1 orientation class) to give counsellors the most time to make corrections for Wednesday.
Grade 9-12 Students
Complete the online form to request a course correction. Counsellors will not begin processing requests or seeing grade 9-12 students until all Grade 8 corrections have been completed.
Grade 9-12 students must follow the Course Correction process outlined below:
The school will not accommodate course changes for the following reasons:
- wanting a class in a different timetable block/period
- wanting to take a course with a different teacher
- wanting to be in a different block/course to be with different people (e.g. friends)
Counsellors will work with students about their schedule according to this priority:
- your timetable is incomplete (fewer than 8 courses; including authorized spare blocks; may result from being assigned two blocks of the same 1-block course);
- you did not complete or failed a Summer School or Online course so are missing a course (e.g. scheduled into the wrong grade level of a course or missing a graduation requirement),
- you are MISSING graduation/university admission requirements
- you did not receive your requested/alternate elective course (this may occur when the original course caused a timetable conflict or the original course has been cancelled) or have a new elective request
- Note: If you believe you should be in an Honours/Enriched/AP class that you requested last spring, contact Ms. Mihic (email@example.com) BEFORE September 14th.
The online form must be approved by your parent/guardian. Unverified forms will not be considered.
The deadline for course request changes/corrections is 3pm, Friday, September 16th. The later your request is made, the fewer options counsellors may have to address your request.
NOTE: Correcting errors in your timetable may result in other block/teacher/course changes to your schedule as well. We will make every effort to disrupt your schedule as little as possible, but some changes are unavoidable. Once a change is made, we cannot change your schedule back.