***Grade 7 families: These dates are subject to change. Check with your elementary school to confirm your dates/times.
- Monday, March 2nd from 9-11:30am–Parkcrest & Sperling
- Tuesday, March 3rd from Noon-2:30pm–Aubrey, Westridge, and Lochdale
- Thursday, March 5th from 9-11:30am–Capitol Hill & Montecito
If your child is applying to Burnaby North from a non-family school, you will be notified of their status by mid-March. There will be an orientation for those students accepted from non-family schools on Wednesday, April 29th from 3:30 – 4:30pm.
In preparation for your visits, please note the following:
- Classes will bring completed Course Selection Forms and Password Worksheets with them to North on the day of their visit. Completed registration packages can also be returned to North at this time, but please do not attach them to the course selection forms.
The tentative schedule for family school visits is as follows:
- Mentorship Students will greet classes in the Horseshoe at Burnaby North (9:00am for morning visits; 12:00pm for afternoon visits).
- Visits will last about 2 ½ hours.
- After a greeting from Admin, students will be divided into 3 groups, and they will rotate through 3 stations:
- Activity with Mentorship Students in the Library (South Building) (*Please note we are NOT meeting in the Gallery this year)
- Tour of Burnaby North with Mentorship students
- Course Selection in the computer lab with Counsellors
- Elementary Classroom Teachers are welcome to accompany their students throughout the activities, and/or to use the teacher’s lounge in the South Building. Students will re-convene in the library for pick-up at 11:30am for morning visits or 2:30pm for afternoon visits.
We look forward to hosting you at Burnaby North!