While registering for a locker is not required, empty lockers may not be available at a later date should you change your mind. It is better to sign-up for a locker and not use it than to not have one to use when you need it (to store snow clothes, PE strip, project supplies, heavy textbooks you don’t need immediately, etc.). People often underestimate the weight of all the binders/books needed for classes and it is useful to have a place to store them when you don’t need them. Taking only the items you need for your morning or afternoon classes will lighten your backpack and keep classrooms less crowded.
The locker database for the 2019-2018 school year will be available on Tuesday, August 27th for Grade 8 students and Wednesday, August 28th for grade 9—12 students.
Locker Assignment Instructions:
Students can select their own locker and with some care and planning ensure that they share their locker with their preferred locker partner.
- Go to https://bns.lockerassignment.com/
- Login using your student number as the id and your birth date as the password, in “YYYYMMDD” format.
- Student numbers for students new to BC public schools have been emailed or mailed home in your welcome package. If you received your package in the mail, please update your family contact information with your email address(es) to improve school/home communication.
- Select a zone of the school in which you would like to have a locker. Zone N3 (3rd floor of the North Building) is designated for Grade 12 students only. Grade 9 – 11 students will not have access to this zone.
- Note that as the availability of lockers in a zone changes, the zone buttons will change from Yellow (many lockers available), to Orange (over 50% of lockers assigned) to Red (no lockers available in zone).
- When a zone is selected, the available lockers will be listed. A locker entry that is Green is an empty locker, and a locker entry that is Orange has one person in the locker already.
- All lockers have a capacity of two students. To ensure that you will note share a locker with a stranger, then please select a locker partner to sign up with.
- Once you have selected a locker, you will be shown the locker combination. You can login at any time to see your assigned locker and combination.
- You cannot change your locker through the online application.
LOCKER OPENING INSTRUCTIONS:
If you have never learned (or just forgotten) how to use a combination lock, please read the following carefully.
Suppose you were given the locker combination 15 – 40 – 10. Here’s how you would open it.
Step 1: Start by rotating the dial clockwise (to the RIGHT). Turn the dial at least two full turns past zero,
Step 2: Stop when you get to the first number. (in this case, 15)
Step 3: Now turn the dial counterclockwise (to the LEFT).
Step 4: Continue to turn counterclockwise one whole turn past the first number and stop at the second number. (in this case, 40)
Step 5: Now turn the dial clockwise again (to the RIGHT) towards the third number. Stop at the third number. (in this case, 10)
Step 6: Pull the lock down and make sure the dial is not turning.
Prefer to watch a video? Try this one from MasterLock
To lock it again, insert the shackle into the lock and press it into the lock until it clicks. Then spin the dial any direction.