Web Resources for Youth/Families
Talking about sex with your child.
- Please refer to our information pamphlet to help you guide the conversation.
Kelty Mental Health – http://keltymentalhealth.ca
- Mental health and substance use information and resources as well as peer support for youth and families.
- A wealth of information on health, physical and social emotional development for children, youth and parents.
- Families.change helps kids, teens and parents deal with family break up through an interactive online tool with information and resources.
- The Foundry offers youth age 12 – 24 health and wellness resources, services and supports, online and through integrated services centres. Includes Mindcheck resource.
- Interactive resource for youth to get information and coping strategies for anxiety
Kids Help Phone–http://Kidshelphone.ca
- Telephone and online chat counselling support as well as information for children and youth on a variety of topics such as bullying and cyber bullying.
The Mood Gym–http://Moodgym.com.au
- This is an Australian online Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) training program for depression and anxiety which includes self-directed modules.
- Links and resources for the LGBTQ community.
Dealing With Depression–www.dwdonline.ca
- Dealing with Depression Workbook for Teens
- This site provides a wealth of information on health, physical and social emotional development for children, youth and parents.
- This site offers information about how drugs and alcohol affect teens (medically, socially, educationally).
- It has detailed information about the effects of alcohol on all parts of a teen’s wellbeing: www.drugrehab.com/addiction/alcohol/effects-of-alcohol/